Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Troublesome"

That's what the daily trip to hospital for radiation therapy is to the elderly lady I met at hospital yesterday. She's a feisty 77 year old and has been treated for stage 3 ovarian cancer by chemotherapy and now being treated for stage 1 breast cancer. She misses her thrice weekly shopping trips.

I guess the daily trip to the hospital is a bit "troublesome" but the potential benefits are great so I am counting my blessings. I am thankful to be able to drive myself to and from hospital daily. Many friends have offered to take me but I feel the 8.10am appointment is not so convenient for them. I usually am able to make it home by 9.30 am and have the rest of the day with the kids.

Last Monday, we even managed to go to the zoo together with our friends Aileen, Kenneth and their boys Andrew and Aaron. Unfortunately we were rained out by lunch time...

Side effects of radiation has been minimal so far, just slight "tanning" and dryness and sometimes itchiness around the site. Apart from that I still have tightness in the right arm and chest area due to scar tissues forming. I have to remember to do my exercises daily to stretch the tissues.