Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2nd Anniversary ++

I just found this in my draft box... Been starting things and not finishing *sigh* must do better.

"It's just been over 2 years since the day I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It seems like a long time ago...

Although there are daily reminders, e.g. daily medication, tightness in the right chest, shoulder and arm because of the surgery and skin dryness in the same area due to radiation, life is pretty much back to normal. I still have to go for 4 monthly blood tests and checkups and annual scans. I am thankful for good health generally."

Time for an update.

It's now 2 1/2 years since my diagnosis with 3rd stage breast cancer and 2 years since the end of my treatment. Yes, the reminders listed above are still there and I am still thankful for good health.

There are and will always be some annoyances & irritations, limitations & challenges, inconveniences and discomfort that come but they are part of life and living.

I was reminded yesterday as I nagged and complained at the children that it is good to be alive. The fact that I still have children to nag means there is still work for me to do and that is why God is still preserving my life. I ought to be rejoicing!

Studying the book of John this year in BSF has really been a blessing. To understand His glorious majesty and greatness and therefore to also understand the magnitude of His condescension just fills my heart with love for Him. Truly I can lovBlockquotee Him because He first loved me. Praying to persevere in believing, following, obeying, loving, trusting, depending on and remaining in him moment by moment, breath by breath, heartbeat by heartbeat.

Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5 - Jesus