Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Surprise!!

My dear friends Joyce and Vera said they would come and visit me on Tuesday, 7 Oct after BSF class. I was home, still recovering from surgery. Joyce said they'd bring some lunch for me. As Joyce is the Class Administrator and Vera the Substitute Teaching Leader of my BSF center, we often meet to discuss the work. I said okay, and did not give it much thought.

I was very surprised when, at 12 pm, a whole bunch of other ladies started turning up at my house! They were throwing me a surprise birthday party and I had not even suspected anything! These are my regular helpers and prayer supporters from my BSF class.

My regular helpers and prayer supporters from my BSF class. Clockwise from back row - Alison Chong who drove Jon to golf lessons and did grocery shopping; Linda Teo who gave Alisha Maths tuition; Goh Say Kiat who also drove Jon to golf lessons; Leong Tai Wan who gave Alisha & David Chinese tuition and drove me to BSF leaders meeting every Monday; Lee Wui Meng; Elaine Tan who drove me to BSF every Tuesday and also did grocery shopping; Joyce Moh and Vera Chek who helped in ways too numerous to recount.

They brought food to feed my whole family. We had a scrumptious meal, with much thanksgiving and laughter.