Friday, October 3, 2008

Pathology Report

It's been 10 days since my surgery and the wound is healing well. Apart from some tightness in my right armpit, I have full use of my right arm. Have to be diligent in doing the post-op exercises.

My cousin Rachel Tan's been my chauffeur this week accompanying me to the doctors, treating me to breakfast and morning tea. Rae is a most fun person to hang out with... she's smart, well informed and we have a good laugh all the time.

I went to see Karen Yap on Monday to remove the drainage tube and again today for a follow-up. She did an ultrasound scan of the operation site. The amount of fluid accumulated was not excessive. That's great, i.e. no need to have the fluid aspirated (removed with a syringe).

The even better news is that the pathology report on the breast is out. There is only a 0.7cm diameter tumor left in the tissue. There is no cancerous cell detected in the lymph nodes. The chemotherapy has been effective and killed off practically all the cancer cells. Praise the Lord!

The effects of chemotherapy are wearing out too and I am less prone to fatigue. At least now my legs don't ache from just climbing up one flight of stairs.


Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help." You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:10-12