Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Holidays

Last week was our Term 3 school vacation and we decided to go to a beach resort for 3 days.

I walked with the kids on the beach, picked shells, read & napped on deck chairs under the shade. Reuben and the children enjoyed swimming and kayaking. They rowed all the way to a small island about 1km (by my estimation) away. They even went sailing - we paid RM30 for one of the staff at the water sports centre to take them. Digging in the sand, burying each other in sand, catching tiny sand crabs and hermit crabs kept the kids thrilled.













The forecast was for storms but thankfully the weather held up and we were able to spend 2 1/2 days out on the beach and poolside. In fact, because it was cloudy and overcast, the weather was relatively cool. It was deceptive though, because the sun was behind clouds so much of the time, the children refused sunblock and got sunburned. It was painful to see them burned and red the next day but it was a good lesson for them...

The only eventful thing was my falling sick on the second day. I had a slight cold before the trip but on our second night I woke up at 4 am with chills, coughing, and blocked sinuses. I had packed my thermometer, panadol, standby antibiotics so I took some panadol straight away. I'm much better now, just a slight post-nasal drip and cough.

5You, LORD, are all I want! You are my choice, and you keep me safe. 6You make my life pleasant, and my future is bright. 7I praise you, LORD, for being my guide. Even in the darkest night, your teachings fill my mind. 8I will always look to you, as you stand beside me and protect me from fear. 9With all my heart, I will celebrate, and I can safely rest.

Psalm 16:5-9 (Contemporary English Version)