Monday, December 29, 2008

Growing and Healing

I started chemotherapy early May and the hair on my head steadily fell off until a few straggly bits were left. Then Reuben helped shave me and I was totally botak (bald).

It's been 4 months since my last chemotherapy on Aug 28,2008. After that last chemo, I lost just about all my eyelashes and eyebrows as well. They've finally grown back and even the hair on my head is now growing steadily. Praise the Lord for making bodies that are amazing in their ability to grow, regenerate.

Yesterday's oopherectomy went well. I was very drowsy from the general anesthetic and was drifting in and out of sleep until about 9 pm when Reuben and Alisha came to take me home. After getting home I just changed into PJ and promptly fell asleep.

Thank you for supporting my family and me in prayer. Today I experienced some soreness and some tiredness but otherwise am very well.
You made my whole being; you formed me in my mother's body. I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well. You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother's body. When I was put together there, you saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.
Psalm 139:13-16 (New Century Version)