Sunday, May 11, 2008

Exodus

I've been reading the book of Exodus again since early April - how timely. Exodus reminds me God is omnipotent - all powerful. God is also all good (omni ?).

God is not just willing to help, He is able to help His people. Imagine if God was good but powerless: it would be pointless believing in Him. Or imagine God all powerful but bad: He would be a tyrant.

In Exodus, I see a God who sees, hears and acts on behalf of His people. He redeems and rescues. He is the cloud that led and provided shelter in the scorching days in the desert. He is the pillar of fire that gives light, warmth, protection in the desolate desert nights. He leads, guides, provides, refreshes, feeds, heals. What a great God we have! God is indeed my all in all!

Exodus 19: 4-6 'You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.'

1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.