Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Place to Trust God

Thursday 8 May 2008 - Today is day 3 after chemo. I thank God for being gracious to me. The side effects have been minimal - tiredness, some aching in the joints, a dry throat - nothing to complain about.

One of the wonderful things about studying the bible with a group of like-minded Christians is how we are constantly teaching, being taught, reminded of God by one another. We hone each other, strenghten one another. Col 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."

One of them sent me this reminder.
"One inspiring statement you made which springs to mind often whenever things seem out of (my) hand - To be in a place where you have to trust God is a good place to be in."
Rom 8:28; 38-39 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Psalm 18:2,28,29. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.

This was by no means an original thought. Our Pastor Rev Chris Chia had shared this with me when i struggled with the decision to quit my job (i was worried about finances) in 1998 to take care of the kids.

Another sister sent me this reminder:
"What you shared with us in one lecture helps - Our God is too loving to be unkind and too wise to make a mistake. I'm thankful that He is our hiding place where we can enter and be at rest in such times. May His peace rule in your heart and family's too."