Thursday, July 31, 2008

Songs of Faith

Many beautiful songs and hymns are born of adversity, of pain and suffering. How will you know your faith is true if it is never tested? Some stuff that looks like gold will be revealed as plastic dipped in gold paint when it is put through fire.

A song that I've just discovered about rejoicing in God, not the circumstances.

"Rejoice in the Lord" By Ron Hamilton
God never moves without purpose or plan,
When trying His servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the LORD, though your testing seems long,
In darkness, He giveth a song.

Chorus
O REJOICE IN THE LORD!
He makes no mistake
He knoweth the end of each path that I take!
For when I am tried and purified,
I shall come forth as gold.

I could not see through the shadows ahead,
So I looked at the cross of my Saviour instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day,
Then peace came, and tears fled away!

Now I can see testing comes from above,
God strengthens His children, and purges in love.
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care;
Through purging, more fruit I will bear.

You can watch a video and listen to the song on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyDOtcBX8M8