Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gift of Helps

Many friends in church and BSF have offered practical help e.g. to do grocery shopping, send the children to various lessons and activities. As I do enjoy going out when I can and serving my family, i don't take up the offers very much.

Linda Teo, Tai Wan and Lee Ling between them now help send Alisha to and from Chinese and Maths weekly tuition. Vera, Joyce and Elaine have been sending me to and from blood tests and chemo. Others have helped on an ad hoc basis e.g. taking my mum to the doctor when she was coughing badly. Today, Vera and Say Kiat went shopping for fish for my family.

Having experienced great fatigue this past week I think I will begin to take up more of these offers. I've asked my friend Elaine Tan, from my BSF class who also attends our church ARPC, to be the manager/coordinator for transportation. If you are able to help either regularly or on an ad hoc basis, please let Elaine know. Her e-mail is: elainetan24@hotmail.com.

I usually do my grocery shopping once and week and my helper walks to Jelita to pick up essentials like milk or if we run short. If you are going grocery shopping and it is convenient to pick something up for us, please give me a call and I can give you a list of stuff I need.

These past weeks we have been blessed with homemade bread, cards and verses of encouragement, devotional books, honey, chocolates, flowers, a plant. Thank you for blessing me and my family with your gifts and acts of service. We thank the Lord in all our remembrance of you.

Romans 12:5-8 ...in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.