Sunday, July 27, 2008

God Will Take Care of You

Some people asked at church today if I'd been unwell and therefore have not been updating my blog since last Thursday. I'm sorry to have caused concern but thank you for your concern.

Praise the Lord, I have been feeling well this week. In fact after the fever subsided, I've been feeling well. Just tired, lethargic and lazy... too lazy to update the blog... just doing the necessary from day to day. I do feel weaker physically, I get muscle ache after climbing up a flight of stairs and breathlessness after 2 flights. Was thinking that's what our elderly parents/in-laws feel when we try to make them walk at our pace... must be more sensitive to their needs.

I had a follow up appointment with the gastro surgeon, Dr Hoe, on Wed. The visit was encouraging - from what he could palpate, the inflammation in my ascending colon has subsided somewhat. There is still some firmness there so I'm on another course of antibiotics - Augmentin this time. I'm to remain on the soft diet (easily digestible food) with no fibre (i.e. novegetables and fruits) for another 2 weeks.

My mum attends Glory Presbyterian Church and each Thursday she meets with a group of elderly ladies for prayer, bible reading and visitation. Last Thursday about 12 of them (a vanful) came to visit me, accompanied by Pastor Yap. The visit was brief - just some short conversation, then they a hymn(God will take care of you) and they bowed in heart-felt prayer for me. Then off they went to visit another homebound senior in Ghim Moh and a critically ill member at NUH.

I was touched by their visit - some of them are in their 80s and struggled to climb up the stairs in my home but they came anyway just to bring words of encouragement and cheer. It puts me to shame - the last time I visited someone in hospital was in Janary 08.

God Will Take Care Of You
Be not dismayed whate'er betide, God will take care of you;
Beneath His wings of love abide, God will take care of you.

Chorus: God will take care of you, thro' everyday, o'er all the way;
He will take care of you, God will take care of you.

Thro' days of toil when heart doth fail, God will take care of you;
When dangers fierce you path assail, God will take care of you.

No matter what may be the test, God will take care of you;
Lean, weary one,upon His breast, God will take care of you.


Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
(in case you're wondering,a rampart or bulwark is a permanent, high, broad ,defensive and protective wall of a fortress - God's faithfulness is the source of our confidence).