Monday, July 14, 2008

Cycle 4

This latest cycle of chemo has hit me harder than the first 3...

Sleeplessness is a problem - the red blood cell booster causes aches and pains in the joints (back ribs for me) so getting a comfortable position to sleep is difficult. The soles of my feet hurt (?) and sometimes they feel swollen and heavy (they look ok though). My gums are bleeding and ulcerated, throat is sore.

My appetite's not good as expected but now I understand what others mean when they say their sense of taste and smell goes funny. Food does smell different and there is no urge to eat. I have to discipline myself and eat when it's time to eat. Hard to think of something I feel like eating though...

On Saturday morning I was trying to make some lunch while my helpers were doing gardening with Reuben. I suddenly felt faint and had to get on the floor to prevent a fall. As a teen, I used to have episodes of fainting but it hasn't happened for years... I was reminded of my human frailty.

Reuben's having a head cold. Alisha and David have been having sore throats and runny noses and Janice has a runny nose too... Do pray for protection against infection.

Do you like this colourful post? It's Janice's idea.

Psalm 73: 26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.