Saturday, July 5, 2008

Visitors

L-R: Linda Tan, Sue Ping, Rosie, me, Linda Khoo, Ling Ling

My dear friends Rosie, Linda Khoo and Sue Ping came from Johor Baru to visit today. They started out around 6.30am, took a bus across the Causeway and then an MRT from Kranji to Buona Vista. Reuben and I picked them up then we stopped to pick some breakfast at Ghim Moh hawker centre. Linda Tan Lai Yin and Ling Ling who live in Singapore came to join us later. We had a wonderful time catching up, fellowshipping, eating and praying together. We laughed as we reminisced about our antics in school, our teachers, our years in church.

I have known these beautiful women since Standard 1 (Pri 1), except for Linda Tan who joined our school in Standard 6. We grew up together in Batu Pahat, a small town in Johor. I invited them to Sunday School and later Junior Youth Fellowship and Youth Fellowship. I used to ride my bike to Linda Khoo's place to take her to youth fellowship. She rode pillion on my bicycle! When Linda's family moved to Johor Baru, groups of us would descend on their home during the school holidays and then we would travel to Singapore together.

I thank God for these friends who journeyed with me in our early years as Christians. The love, joy and fellowship we shared then was so tangible, it attracted others to come and find out more.

I pray that each one of us will continue to faithfully walk with Christ; our love will overflow more and more; we will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding; live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return and be filled with the fruit of a righteous character produced in our lives by Jesus Christ to bring much glory and praise to God. Amen. (Philippians 1:8-11)