Friday, June 6, 2008

Love Outpoured

I am so thankful for all my friends. Especially the beautiful extended Christian family I have from church and BSF. You have been such a blessing to me and to my family.

Since my diagnosis to now, we have received much love in the form of practical help and been well fed physically, emotionally and spiritually. Some of what we received this week:

Last Friday - Karen Lim took my brood of 4 with her own 3 to ice-skating, lunch, bowling and swimming.

Sunday - Chiew Wan, Nam and Angeline came to visit, bringing ice-cream, juice, eyebrow pencil to teach me how draw it; Susan dropped an eyebrow template in my mailbox (hah, it will be easy peasy to draw it!); Hazel brough chicken essence.

Monday - Vera took Jonathan, who'd sprained his ankle, and David to a chinese sinseh for massage, followed by McDonalds and ice cream from Island Creamery. Joyce brought ice cream from Daily Scoop. My friend Diane and her family drove from KL just to visit and pray, bearing organic dragon fruit and freshly made noodles.

Tuesday - Siang Hwa came with cookies and to certify something for me.

Wednesday - Siang Hwa again with chlorhexidine and supplements.

Thursday - Mona Chia came to visit with me, bringing lychee and mangoes and prayer.

Today - my friend Carol called from Melbourne. Siew Lian brought grapes, papaya, and a whole fresh fish! 4 of my friends from BSF Bukit Batok, Vera, Joyce, Tai Wan, Alison brought lunch - salad, prawns, baked fish, cauliflower soup, char siew, bread, cakes, papaya, pears. We had a feast!

Christine See brought me a book by Philip Yancey on Prayer, a pouch that Kurt (her son) had personalised for me! Kah Choo sent me a bottle of concentrated birds nest, Grace Seow sent fruits. My music team at church sent me a hamper with chicken essence, fish essence, birds nest. I've also been loaned an Omega juicer by Hao Hsing. 2boxes of surgical masks came from Adrian and Esther and Yeap. Jaime & Hang brought cakes and a Bible in MP3 format. Laura Yan cooked white fungus with lotus and gingko seeds.

I have been loaned and given books Cancer Battle Plan Linda, Hope for the Journey through Cancer from Clem and Ailin, When It Pours He Reigns from my sister in law Amanda, books on juicing etc.

I want to thank and acknowledge each of you but if I missed missed your name, it's not that I don't appreciate you. Thank you for pouring out love for us. We long to have opportunity to bless you in return.