Friday, June 13, 2008

In God's Hands

Praise the Lord! I have to tell you the good news!

Our friend Richard who underwent 2 emergency surgeries has regained consciousness. He is able to recognise his family, able to move his limbs. Praise the Lord for hearing and answering our prayers to preserve his life!

My friend LL was extremely ill last year with cancer and was bedridden for a while. The cancer is now in remission. Although weak physically, I was overjoyed to see that she was able to go for a short overseas holiday with her husband, attend church camp, drive. The Lord was pleased to grant us our petition to preserve her life and she says,
"...we pray for the grace of GOD for extended time, it is not the doctors who can tell us how long we live, they cannot extend our life, not even for a single day. Our times are in His hand so we beseech our LORD for His favour to our heart’s desire. Actually the next question (s) I should ask myself is …why should the LORD give me the extended time and what would He want me to do with the extended time and will I do as He wish. The LORD is teaching us all the time because HE loves us."

Amen!
Psalm 119:88 "Preserve my life according to your love, and I will obey the statutes of your mouth."