Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back to Work

Tuesday was my first BSF class day in 8 weeks... I've missed my leaders and the ladies in my class. It was a joy to be back. I shared with the class about my cancer and treatment - it was an emotional time. Cancer is so common, several women in the class are undergoing treatment, some are in remission, others are caring for family members suffering from it.

Our lesson was on Matt 11 - Jesus reassures John the Baptist, warns the unrepentant and promises the weary rest. Timely reminders that while circumstances might cause us to doubt and question, our hope and security is not dependent on circumstances, experience, feelings but solidly anchored in scripture. It's a comfort that I am yoked with Jesus' - His yoke is easy and his burden is light because He bears it with us.

Matt 11:28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."